[c-nsp] IPv6 HSRP Config

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Mar 3 06:50:36 EST 2016

On 03/03/16 09:17, Dario Amaya wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I have a couple of Cisco boxes:
>
> 7604 / SUP720-3BXL - IOS 12.2(33)SRE
> 7204 / NPE-G1 - IOS 12.2(33)SRE
>
> Firstly, can you advise if the config below is correct? Anything I am

It looks about right. A working HSRPv6 config from one of our 6500s:

  ipv6 address ..
  standby version 2
  standby 1 ipv6 autoconfig
  standby 1 priority 103
  standby 1 preempt delay reload 180
  standby 1 authentication xxx
  standby 1 track 100 decrement 4
  standby 1 track 101 decrement 4

> missing? Secondly, I cannot get the ipv6 group 2777 to be
> Active/Standby, both are in an Active state as you can see below, even
> though group 777 is working fine between the two (the vlan is trunked
> between them fine).. Any tips?

That implies they can't see each other over IPv6 multicast. Use SPAN or
similar to see if the HSRP hello packets are arriving.

It's possible the 7204 sub-int has some caveats w.r.t. HSRP, I'm not
very familiar with that platform, but the 7600 config looks OK.