[c-nsp] VPLS capable devices for two sites interconnect

Robert Hass robhass at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 17:00:19 EST 2016

Hi
I'm looking for Cisco devices suitable for do interconnect of two sites. I
also need redundancy at each site - so two clusters of two devices are
required - mLACP capable for CE side. I cannot use regular L2 PortChannels
as we're looking for pure => L3 solution.

I know that ASR9001 will do the job. But I'm looking for something cheaper.
What you can recommend ? I need total 4 x 10GE interfaces and two redundant
AC power supplies.

Maybe choice of VPLS is bad choice and I should look at VXLAN or OTV ? But
what benefits will these technologies give me above VPLS ?

Rob