[c-nsp] NCS-5001 - MPLS L3VPN Issue

Tom Hill tom at ninjabadger.net
Wed Mar 9 15:27:12 EST 2016

On 08/03/16 09:27, James Bensley wrote:
> This issue didn't show up in lab testing and we haven't been able to
> replicate it (nor have TAC). It seems to be something about the
> ordering of patching and that was the point I wanted to highlight but
> poorly eluded to.
>
> A fresh 4.3.4 install then add SP10 and it "just works". This box was
> 4.3.4 default, then some SMUs, then SP6 and then SP10 (each upgrade
> was suggested by TAC because of a different issue ocuring over the
> lifecycle of the box).

Presumably to "prove" this (or rather, to add any evidence at all) it's
wipe & reinstall time for the affected 9001?

I'm not trying to get your back up here - I'm more concerned about FUD
vs. actual, operational experience. XR is not perfect, but this doesn't
appear to be a problem affecting anyone other than yourself?

--
Tom