[c-nsp] Strange X2 Temperature Flaps

Robert Williams Robert at CustodianDC.com
Thu Mar 17 12:03:12 EDT 2016

:) indeed!

They are non-cisco but that said, they have been in place for 3+ years now and I find it REALLY strange that they would all suddenly have reached the end of their service life within 48 hours of each other, despite having different amounts of time being 'link-up' over those 3 or 4 years.

I'm more inclined to believe that we have changed some configuration on our side which has triggered this event. Except I cannot find a match for it.

FYI - we tried a re-seat of one of them and it is now working fine again. So it can't have failed totally. Also when you look at the graph it is a very linear (predictable) rate of change. Rather like this is a logic issue in the polling side instead of the module itself.

Any other random thoughts out there?

Cheers!

> On 17/03/16 15:44, Drew Weaver wrote:
> > get rid of them and switch to Cisco branded optics.
>
> ... Or just buy new routers, as it might be cheaper.
>
> --
> Tom

Robert Williams
Custodian Data Centre