[c-nsp] ASR9K Upgrade

Mohammad Khalil eng_mssk at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 22 01:59:18 EDT 2016

Hi all
I have managed to do the upgrade , but am facing an issue with only one fpd related to VSM module

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:ios#admin upgrade hw-module fpd cbc force location 0/1/CPU0
Tue Mar 22 22:56:05.792 UTC

   CBC UPGRADE TAKES APPROX. 3 - 5 MINUTES TO COMPLETE
   AFTER THE IMAGE IS WRITTEN, THE CBC IS RESET AUTOMATICALLY TO
   ACTIVATE THE NEW IMAGE. NO ACTION IS REQUIRED TO ACTIVATE THE NEW
   CBC IMAGE. PROGRESS STATUS WILL BE PRINTED APPROX. ONCE EVERY 60 SECONDS.
Continue? [confirm]

FPD upgrade started.

FPD upgrade in progress on some hardware, reload/configuration change
on those is not recommended as it might cause HW programming failure
and result in RMA of the hardware.

Starting the upgrade/download of following FPD:

                                   Current    Upg/Dng
Location    Type Subtype Upg/Dng   Version    Version
0/1/CPU0    lc   cbc     upg        33.2        33.5

FPD upgrade sent to location node0_1_CPU0

FPD upgrade completed for location node0_1_CPU0
% Failed to upgrade 1 FPD for A9K-VSM-500 on location 0/1/CPU0

FPD upgrade has ended