[c-nsp] necessity of nowadays

Lukas Tribus luky-37 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 23 11:47:14 EDT 2016

> but in the case of udld aggressive, i lost connectivity to the rest
> of the network, because udld was only showing down on the n7k side
> (not the far end).

This is exactly what aggressive mode does, I don't see how you could
argue against UDLD because it does exactly what you configured it to
do.

No, nobody needs aggressive mode, its a feature completely unrelated
to the original UDLD idea, so why enabled it at all?

Its called "aggressive" because you are not supposed to enable it
unless you really know what it does and your really need it.

You don't put your car in race mode either and expect a comfortable
ride, do you?

Lukas