[c-nsp] Need clarification for License 76-ES+ADVIP-LIC

Shoaib Farhan farhan.shoaib at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 05:13:11 EDT 2016

Hi,

We are going to purchase few 7600 router (refurbished)
with RSP720-3CXL-10GE and  76-ES+XC-20G3CXL line card. We will use MPLS and
L3VPN on these devices. Cisco Documentation saying we need the license
76-ES+ADVIP-LIC for L3VPN feature. But our vendor saying that it is not
required as features are enable on IOS of RSP.

So my Question is do I really need this License?

See the below link for reference.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/7600-series-routers/data_sheet_c78-570732.html

It will be helpful if anyone give us any clear idea.

--

Regards,

Md. Shoaib Farhan
<http://www.telnet.com.bd>