[c-nsp] VXLAN Unicast on Nexus 5600 or 9300

Robert Hass robhass at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 13:11:02 EDT 2016

> http://blogs.cisco.com/perspectives/a-summary-of-cisco-vxlan-control-plane
> s-multicast-unicast-mp-bgp-evpn-2

This document doesn't provide any information what is supported on
different Nexus models.

> The 9ks will do mp bgp vpn , but not sure about the 5600 never used them.

I asked about unicast-VXLAN not "mp bgp vpn".

I know that 9300 can do multicast based VXLAN. But I need devices which can
do this using unicast as I have project where multicast will not be
implemented at L3 between VTEPs. I see that this is what Arista can do. But
due to politics we would stay with Cisco shop.

Rob