[c-nsp] IOS XR and Netconf Operational Data

chip chip.gwyn at gmail.com
Mon May 2 11:03:56 EDT 2016

Hi all,

  I'm having a difficult time locating resources to aid in getting
operational data out of ASR9ks via NETCONF.  I can find several examples of
just wrapping cli commands and output in simple XML, but that seems no
better than just logging in via ssh and screen scraping as normal.  I'd
really like to be able to get things like interface status, optics
diagnostics, bgp session status, in a standard formatted response.

  I'm pretty sure this can be done but I can't seem to locate the proper
XML requests to make to make this happen.  I can find tons of docs on the
Model of netconf and yang that's supposed to make the magic happen, but
having a difficult time finding a basic implementation.

  Anyone have any example code or pointers to docs that spell this out or
at least point to how to determine the request to make. Bonus if its python
or perl.  I've made several tools using NETCONF with the Juniper kit but am
having trouble with Cisco.

Thanks!

--chip

--
Just my $.02, your mileage may vary,  batteries not included, etc....