[c-nsp] IPV6 RTBH on IOS

Tom Hill tom at ninjabadger.net
Thu May 5 17:50:01 EDT 2016

On 03/05/16 07:47, Gert Doering wrote:
> I have a feature request to at least add a knob for "please use GUA
> next-hop!" - CSCut26765 - it was opened by a friendly Cisco developer,
> and I have no read access to it, so no idea whether it's proceeding or
> not.  But if you have interest in getting this fixed, please open a
> case and link to it...

This came up with my debugging of IPv6 netflow and 'attribute-download',
where the lookup for the ASN fails because it can't find the origin AS
for fe80::/64.

The chap dealing with the TAC case said that 'a knob' was targeted for
IOS-XR 6.1.1 to work around this problem, but didn't specifics. Perhaps
it's one and the same, or perhaps not. :)

(Nothing was mentioned about 6.0.0, FWIW)

--
Tom