[c-nsp] Cisco ASR 9k and Windows RADIUS server

Kimaru Mansour kimaru at gmail.com
Mon May 9 03:58:15 EDT 2016

So I did some more experimenting with this in the lab and I can confirm
that it is not broken in XR 4.3.2
I took PCAPs to compare 5.3.2 based Access-req with 4.3.2 based Access-req
and one thing that stands out, is that in the 5.3.2 Access-req the
NAS-IPv6-Address attribute is sent out with an invalid/wrong length and
that a bug was raised for that with ID CSCuy37396
Furthermore I did some research on NPS handling of errors and I am fairly
confident at this time that the bad NAS-IPv6-Address length is causing it
after reading this: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc735403
I am thinking that the NPS is sensitive to that "broken" attribute and I
have not found a way yet to filter it out or ignore it in NPS. Not even
sure if it is possible.