[c-nsp] Minimum IOS-XE Versions For Specific ROMMON Version

Harry Hambi - Atos harry.hambi at bbc.co.uk
Tue May 10 07:11:48 EDT 2016

Hi

I’m looking to find out whether a specific ROMMON version would have a minimum IOS-XE version associated with it… Basically, I need to upgrade the IOS-XE version on a pair of 4500-X switches in a VSS configuration. In order to upgrade to the Cisco suggested release requires a ROMMON upgrade. I’m looking to upgrade the ROMMON of each switch in turn and reboot into the existing IOS-XE version and then once the ROMMON upgrade is complete on both switches use the ISSU process to complete the IOS-XE upgrade.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Rgds
Harry

Harry Hambi BEng(Hons)  MIET  Rsgb