[c-nsp] ASR920 vlan pass through

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed May 11 16:00:48 EDT 2016

On 11/May/16 17:30, John Gaffney wrote:

> Then on that note I would google up layer 2 MPLS protocols for the ASR (it's basically layer 2 over layer 3, allows you to route layer 2 traffic) or look at making a dot1q tunnel. Google should have config examples and specifics for that router type. Depending on your goals you may need to combine both to make your solution work.
>
> Or if your lucky somebody else on the list can comment on your type of router, and give you a config snip.

I see two options:

  * Layer 2 Local Switching, which is the easiest option. You're just
    x-connecting two ports on the same switch. It's like running a patch
    cord between them.

  * Use a BDI to stitch them. Use "encapsulation default" and put both
    ports in the same BD. No need to define each VLAN ID = 802.1Q
    trunking on the ASR920.

Mark.