[c-nsp] ASR9k Bundle QoS in 6.0.1

Robert Williams Robert at CustodianDC.com
Thu May 12 08:06:15 EDT 2016

>> Slightly relevant. How could such feature work, in principle, if different ports are offering significantly different rates of traffic?

Yes, indeed! The mechanism would need to be both quick and consistent, although the current system is unpredictable and detached by its very nature - so any improvement would be good :)

Although thinking about it, can't the central arbiter simply treat it as one virtual queue and distribute the 'tokens' to multiple NPs in a round-robin style? Would it be that significantly different from sending multiple separate streams to separate NPs as in the current model (when used for egress queueing multiple ingress ports to a single egress port)?

Either way, I'm very curious to know what the section of text is all about, because it's not present in the 5.3.x and reads like _something_ new is present...? Does anyone know?

Cheers!

Robert Williams
Custodian Data Centre
Email: Robert at CustodianDC.com