[c-nsp] ASR9001 Vs ASR1006

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Tue May 17 09:39:32 EDT 2016

On 17 May 2016 at 16:21, Lukas Tribus <luky-37 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> It the same exact image from 9001 to 9912 series (ASR9K-iosxr-px-*), same
> checksum. What would be a non-legacy XR platform running a 64 bit
> control plane today?

None. But after 6.1 it is possible. Based on experience with Cisco and
other vendors, once new platform is out it becomes progressively
harder for Cisco to internally allocate resources to work on the old
platform as it won't directly enable new sales.
This means I would personally not buy any channel 32b XR kit today.

--
  ++ytti