[c-nsp] FNF vs "old" netflow

CiscoNSP List CiscoNSP_list at hotmail.com
Sat May 21 09:42:00 EDT 2016

Hi Everyone,

Historically, to capture ingress/egress with V5 netflow, we have enabled ip flow ingress on PE cust interface, and also on interpop/transit links...using ip flow ingress and egress was always a no no, as you saw duplicate traffic?

With FNF, with "match flow direction" enabled, you would have ip flow monitor foo input and output on an Interface....which would capture flows in both directions....If this is true, could we potentially "limit" the number of Interfaces we enable FNF on?  i.e. Interpop+transit only(i.e. the exit points), and you "should" get a holistic view of ingress/egress traffic for all customers, without having to enable FNF on each cust facing Int?

Thanks in advance.