[c-nsp] BGP default vs BGP full

Brian Wallingford brian at meganet.net
Sat May 21 11:49:46 EDT 2016

Still, no need for bgp in a single-upstream environment.  You can use a dual default, so long as the upstream-facing interface physically (not just logically) goes down, which will automatically remove the route.  If there is an intermediate device between the fiber drop and your router, chances are the ethernet will appear up even if connectivity is not, which will be problematic as the route will not disappear.  In that case, look into IP sla.

Sent from my iPad