[c-nsp] FNF vs "old" netflow

CiscoNSP List CiscoNSP_list at hotmail.com
Sat May 21 17:02:57 EDT 2016

Thanks for the reply Roland - Our main issue is that we have a legacy billing platform, that utilises netflow data (So we can bill customers for consumption).....we are obviously moving away from this, as it simply does not scale, and is excruciatingly difficult to administer/maintain.

Not having to apply netflow on "every" interface would help our provisioning guys....they occasionally forget this(Yes, this is an internal system/procedural issue...but its what we've got to work with currently), cust has no outbound usage, have to enable it, but we cant retrospectively "capture" the netflow data....so we lose billing data for the time netflow hadnt been enabled on a given Int.

Was hoping we could scale back "where" we enable netflow, just to simplify things.

Ultimately, we want to move completely away from netflow for billing, and bill on fixed rate pipe and 95%....but huge job, lots of legacy customers on old netflow plans, so we must continue to support this until we can completely move away from it....i.e it will take quite a bit of time :)