[c-nsp] LNS Alternatives

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Mon May 23 04:32:31 EDT 2016

> we are only doing ~2-3000 tails....but to do the same on an ASR1K....whoa! price is a killer.

At this level you only need two boxes with the correct broadband
licenses (not the 5 originally mentioned, unless you have some other
requirements relating to geo-diversity or backhaul connectivity).

I recommend you advoice the ASR1002-X if possible. There seems to be
various features in the ASR1000 range that aren't support on the
1002-X only.

We have some live ones, they work OK, but we also have some 7200s too!
These are some rough notes I made during the initial testing, many
problems:

https://null.53bits.co.uk/index.php?page=asr-ios-xr-lns-config

https://null.53bits.co.uk/index.php?page=adsl-and-lns-shaping-llq

Cheers,