[c-nsp] A9K Netflow export drops

Dale W. Carder dwcarder at wisc.edu
Mon May 23 11:01:39 EDT 2016

Thus spake Robert Williams (Robert at CustodianDC.com) on Sat, May 21, 2016 at 10:59:50AM +0000:

> I've got an issue on one of our smaller 9001 boxes which is puzzling me.
> It suffers from a high rate of netflow export drops (not cache drops) shown here:
>
> So from what I understand, it is capturing the flows OK but is unable to get the flow data out, for some reason.

I can confirm that our 9k's suffer from this also.

The last I checked you can export at the rate of 2000 flows/sec.  I have not
looked in 2 years or so to see if this limit was configurable yet.

> So - what am I missing here? Surely with a cache capability of 1M it should be ok to export flows when were are only around 30,000 of them nicely ticking over?

join the club.  :-(

Dale