[c-nsp] BFD on ME3600/ME3800/7600s

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Fri May 27 09:45:53 EDT 2016

I sent that email a bit early.

I meant to say on the end that I think my original understanding of
the poor Cisco documentation is correct, I just don't have it in
official writing from Cisco but can reliably replicate it in the lab..

On 26 May 2016 at 16:36, James Bensley <jwbensley at gmail.com> wrote:
>From the Cisco docs:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/metro/me3600x_3800x/software/release/15-3_3_S/configuration/guide/3800x3600xscg/swiprout.html#82479

"BFD is supported on physical interfaces that are configured as
routing interfaces."

I have been searching and only for the ME3600-24CX can I find this
snippet "The switch [ME3600-24CX] supports BFD only in Asynchronous
mode or no echo mode". I am guessing the statement above from the
ME3600X/ME3800X page "means" the same thing as the statement from the
ME3600X/ME3800x page, we do have hardware acceleration for BFD but it
is only in "no  echo mode".

Cheers,
James