[c-nsp] BFD on ME3600/ME3800/7600s

Adam Vitkovsky Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk
Sat May 28 05:31:16 EDT 2016

> James Bensley
> Sent: Friday, May 27, 2016 7:21 PM
>
> On 27 May 2016 at 18:07, Adam Vitkovsky <Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk>

Alright then so indeed nodes participating in echo mode have to do more work as nodes participating in non-echo mode. That's why assume it performs slower (comparing performance of both modes in SW).

To do list of one of the nodes in non-echo mode:
Tx at a given rate.
Reset dead timer if hello from remote node received.

To do list of one of the nodes in non-echo mode:
Tx at a given rate.
Reset dead timer if own hello received.
Loop partner's hellos at a given rate.
-I'm not sure but doesn't it also put local time while looping to facilitate one way delay measurement?

adam

        Adam Vitkovsky
        IP Engineer

T:      0333 006 5936
E:      Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk
W:      www.gamma.co.uk

This is an email from Gamma Telecom Ltd, trading as “Gamma”. The contents of this email are confidential to the ordinary user of the email address to which it was addressed. This email is not intended to create any legal relationship. No one else may place any reliance upon it, or copy or forward all or any of it in any form (unless otherwise notified). If you receive this email in error, please accept our apologies, we would be obliged if you would telephone our postmaster on +44 (0) 808 178 9652 or email postmaster at gamma.co.uk

Gamma Telecom Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales, with limited liability, with registered number 04340834, and whose registered office is at 5 Fleet Place London EC4M 7RD and whose principal place of business is at Kings House, Kings Road West, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 5BY.