[c-nsp] DDOS Attacks Mitigation

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Fri Nov 4 03:50:48 EDT 2016

On 4/Nov/16 09:46, Samir Abid Al-mahdi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Ok, but how are they going to redirect my traffic to their system.
>
> I dont have a domain to redirect it by DNS.
>
> Does it mean they will BGP advertise my prefixes ? ?

You'd have to discuss that with them, but at the most basic level, an
Arbor system can automatically begin announcing a route into BGP that
needs to have its traffic scrubbed once an attack is detected.

Matching can be high-level (ASN) or granular (IP address).

I suppose other systems have a similar mechanism, but I haven't used those.

Mark.