[c-nsp] [c-nsp ]Router with legacy interfaces

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Tue Nov 22 13:02:33 EST 2016

On Tue, 22 Nov 2016, Ð~\Ñ~CÑ~@аÑ~B Ð~Zаипов wrote:

> I need router with many types of legacy intergaces including STM-1,
> Channelized E1, Async (optionaly). Also I need switch module with 16 - 24
> GE-T port and up to 8  SFP ports. Any suggestions?

As others have mentioned, a 7206VXR with an NPE-G2 is certainly an option
for the router side, as long as using end-of-life hardware, and
software-based forwarding is not a concern.

You could configure a 1G trunk on one of the ports and connect a switch to
that trunk to handle any switching functions you would need, because the
7200 doesn't have many SFP ports built into the NPE.

The 7200VXR is an extremely versatile platform because of the wide variety
of interfaces that are available for it, and most of them are
easily/cheaply available on the used market.

If you need something that is still currently supported by Cisco, the 3900
ISR could also be an option.

jms