[c-nsp] Cat 6500/sup720 doesn't boot

Sigurbjörn Birkir Lárusson sigurbjornl at vodafone.is
Tue Nov 29 16:15:00 EST 2016

Be aware that the ROMMON has issues with cards >1G in many cases, 4G cards and larger might work once IOS has booted but not to boot from ROMMON, even if you format them and copy the image to them on the same supervisor.

Kind regards,
Sibbi

Þann 29/11/16 19:55,  ritaði "cisco-nsp on behalf of Saku Ytti" <cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net on behalf of saku at ytti.fi>:

    On 29 November 2016 at 12:51,  <listas at cutre.net> wrote:

    Hey,

    > So I formated a CF in another 6500, copied the IOS and tried to boot from disk0 without luck. I tried erasing nvram and I even copied a boot image and the IOS ROMMON image to the CF but I always got the same message:

    There are multiple incompatible formats. I've once formatted CF on
    7200 and copied images to it, inserted it on 7600, where 7600 IOS read
    it fine, but it wouldn't boot, because ROMMON couldn't read it.
    Reformatted on another 7600 with similar SUP and it was good to go.

    https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/21981/how-format-and-erase-flash-cisco-router
    http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/7200-series-routers/6145-pcmciamatrix.html

    Perhaps your 6500 has older sup which does different format than your sup720?

    --
      ++ytti