[c-nsp] nexus N3K-C3064PQ as 1st level protection against ddos ?

Pedro piotr.1234 at interia.pl
Sat Oct 1 03:21:23 EDT 2016

Hello,

I have some idea to put switch before bgp router in order to terminate
isp 10G uplinks on switch, not router. Main reason is it could be some
kind of 1st level of defence against ddos, second reason, less
important, save cost of router ports.

It's possible use this feature?

-  limit udp, icmp (bandwith,pps) at ingress port or vlan
-  create counters: passed and dropped packets, best way to get this
counters via snmp oid
-  port mirror from many ports/vlans to multiple port (other anty ddos
solutions)
-  limited bgp but with flowspec to comunicate with another anty ddos
devices

I'm also wondering how this feature above impact on cpu/whole switch. It
can be some performance degradation ot all of this feature are done in
hardware, with wirespeeed ?

Thanks for any advice,
Pablo

---