[c-nsp] C6500 dual supervisor redundancy to break

james list jameslist72 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 01:05:05 EDT 2016

Hi experts,
on my running C6500 in one of the PoP I've configured redundancy with dual
Sup-2T.

Now I'm going to add a new C6500 and want to remove one Sup from running
C6500 and to insert in the new one.

The questions:

1) do you suggest to keep redundancy enabled also with one Sup in the
current running switch ? There is no plan to have again redundancy on this.

2) if I want remove redundancy, do I have just to eject the supervisor and
remove redundancy configuration ?

3) when removing redundancy config do I have to expect traffic loss ?

4) or it's better to leave configured in recovery mode ?

I'm not able to find this case on the cisco.com, I find only how to add
redundancy but not how to break redundancy :-)

Thanks in advance for any hint.

Cheers
James