[c-nsp] BGP Regex to allow ISP customers

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Mon Oct 17 22:07:34 EDT 2016

On Mon, 17 Oct 2016, Nick Cutting wrote:

> Thank you for your answer.
>
> The problem is I do not know the ASN's of the ISP's customers.
> Robert - I am afraid that this particular ISP does not have a community for this, nor can they send me just their customer routes.

Since you don't know the ISP's customer ASN's, if they're a small enough
ISP (few to no peers, and just a couple of transits), you could do an
as-path ACL like
deny _100_transitA_
deny _100_transitB_
deny _100_peer1_
etc., ending with
permit _100_

It's not really clear what you're trying to accomplish though.  If you
just want customer routes from them, why not ask them to only send
customer routes?  The obvious answer to which, I suppose, is that if they
don't have communities that would indicate which routes are customer
routes, they're probably incapable of making that route advertisement
decision on their end.