[c-nsp] Nexus 3064PQ Password Recovery with NX-OS 6

Alireza Soltanian soltanian at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 08:38:04 EDT 2016

Hi Everybody

We are going to perform Password Recovery procedure on Nexus 3064PQ. The
NX-OS version is 6.0.2.U6.3a. We followed this procedure:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/password_recover
y/b_nx_os_pwr/nx_os_pw.html

The point is following this procedure does not provide "rest password" and
by following the steps we did not reach our goal. When the device was
downgraded to NX-OS version 5.0.3.U3.2a everything works fine.

Do you have any clue why this procedure does not work on NX-OS v6?

Specially following this step has no effect on Admin password:

switch(boot)# configure terminal

switch(boot-config)# admin-password <new password>

WARNING! Remote Authentication for login through console has been

disabled

switch(boot-config)# exit

switch(boot)#

Thank you for your help