[c-nsp] ASR920 Netflow ifIndex Value (dpidx)

Nigel Hendrickse nigel.hendrickse at paratustelco.com
Mon Oct 24 03:46:50 EDT 2016

Hi,

Busy testing Netflow support on the ASR920 (ASR-920-24SZ-M) using the new asr920-universalk9_npe.03.18.00.SP.156-2.SP-ext.bin image. Although the device is exporting Netflow data, for some reason our collector was failing to display any per-interface Netflow stats.

It turns out that the ifIndex value embedded in the Netflow data is not the SNMP ifIndex (which our collector expects) but a 'dpidx' value which seems to be a Cisco-proprietary value generated by the platform. Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a tweak/workaround available to fix it?

Thanks,
Nigel Hendrickse
Paratus Telecom