[c-nsp] IPv6 VPC Port channel Nexus -- 2951

John Kougoulos john.kougoulos at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 11:51:16 EDT 2016

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 9:06 PM, Scott Voll <svoll.voip at gmail.com> wrote:

> So I have a 2951 setup with a Port-channel to a set of L3 Nexus 5548's on a
> VPC.

Well, I don't know specifically about IPv6, but in general, connectivity
between a router and nexus using vPC is not recommended, but the result is
also very platform specific.
The preferred way if I remember correctly is to have 2 separate l3 links
and use eg OSPF instead of etherchannel for load balancing & redundancy.
You may read more here:
https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus5000/sw/mkt_ops_guides/513_n1_1/n5k_L3_w_vpc_5500platform.pdf
.
Maybe IPv6 is a bit more problematic than IPv4 because of the use of
multicast.

Kind regards,
John