[c-nsp] Forcing BGP to propagate only after route is in the FIB

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Sep 15 08:15:52 EDT 2016

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 03:08:18PM +0300, Saku Ytti wrote:
> I don't think so. This is issue which has plagued Juniper RPD for years.
>
> Technically I believe fix would be to add flag to FIB entries
> signalling HW presence. Then when HW installs it, it should raise
> interrupt or such, to get this flag inserted. But it might be that HW
> does not support this (At any reasonable performance).

IOS XR has "update wait-install", which supposedly does this: only forward
updates when they've been successfully installed into the forwarding
hardware.

(Supposedly this is only needed on gen1 line cards, because gen2 "are fast
enough", but it still sounded like a good idea to me :-) )

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de