[c-nsp] MPLS via SVI on Sup720-PFC3b

Francisco M. Zelaya fmzelaya at cwc.com
Tue Sep 20 19:16:38 EDT 2016

Hi,

Yes, you can use a vlan has an MPLS uplink on a SUP720.
I use it all the time. Please take especial care on defining the appropriate MTU.

Here is the example that you are looking for:

#sh mpls interfaces
Interface              IP            Tunnel   Operational
Vlan425                Yes (ldp)     No       Yes

#sh run
interface Vlan425
 description TO-XXXX
 mtu 1546
 ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.252
 no ip redirects
 no ip unreachables
 no ip proxy-arp
tag-switching ip

interface GigabitEthernet1/5
 description SWITCH_STACK
 switchport
 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 1,3,4,6,7,9-11,14-18,20-22,24-30,32-35,425
 switchport mode trunk
 mtu 9216
 no ip address

Sincerely,