[c-nsp] ME3600 TCAM capabilities

Spyros Kakaroukas s.kakaroukas at connecticore.com
Thu Sep 22 11:09:21 EDT 2016

Hi Jordi,

That's a complex problem and if you want high scalability, ME3600 isn't really the platform for that. If you really do want something that looks like hub and spoke, you could achieve it with a hierarchical topology.

For example, you could choose a few points to deploy ME3800s or some other more scalable box, terminate pseudowires to them from the ME3600s and then have the ME3800s offer the l3vpn/mvpn services. Caveats may include decreased reliability, increased complexity and higher bandwidth utilisation among others. It's up to you to decide whether such a solution would fit your topology and requirements or not.

My thoughts and words are my own.

Spyros