[c-nsp] ME3600 TCAM capabilities

Jordi Magrané Roig jordimagrane at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 26 12:22:24 EDT 2016

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your comment. I will try to build a demo lab with some spare ME3600 amd test it.

Has anyone got more ideas?

Regards,

El 26/09/2016 a las 16:22, Adam Vitkovsky escribió:
> On 22/09/2016, 17:36, "cisco-nsp on behalf of Jordi Magrané Roig" <cisco-
> nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net<mailto:nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net> on behalf of jordimagrane at hotmail.com<mailto:jordimagrane at hotmail.com>>
> wrote:
>

> Regarding my question about the hub & spoke, I mean the GRE tunnels that
> are dynamically created when you enable MDT in the VRF. Now, in my
> network all the PE are ME3600 anf they learn the loopbacks of all other PE
> inside the MDT address famliy. Each PE builds one interface tunnel multipoint
> to all the other PE. My problem is that the ME3600 is limited to 250 MDT
> routes and I will have more than 250 PE in the next year.
> My idea was choose one ME3800 as a hub and all other ME3600 should have
> only one MDT tunnel to this ME3800. But I don't know if in MPLS this
> architecture works.

Yes these tunnels are default MDTs and if you are using PIM SM or SSM in the core each PE will be root of its source-tree and member of source-tree of all other PEs.
But if you will use PIM BIDIR in your core (if supported), then I think there should be only one bidir-tree which all PEs can use to TX as well as RX messages.

adam

Adam Vitkovsky
IP Engineer

T: 0333 006 5936
E: Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk<mailto:Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk>
W: www.gamma.co.uk<http://www.gamma.co.uk>

This is an email from Gamma Telecom Ltd, trading as “Gamma”. The contents of this email are confidential to the ordinary user of the email address to which it was addressed. This email is not intended to create any legal relationship. No one else may place any reliance upon it, or copy or forward all or any of it in any form (unless otherwise notified). If you receive this email in error, please accept our apologies, we would be obliged if you would telephone our postmaster on +44 (0) 808 178 9652 or email <mailto:postmaster at gamma.co.uk> postmaster at gamma.co.uk<mailto:postmaster at gamma.co.uk>

Gamma Telecom Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales, with limited liability, with registered number 04340834, and whose registered office is at 5 Fleet Place London EC4M 7RD and whose principal place of business is at Kings House, Kings Road West, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 5BY.