[c-nsp] 10G SFP+ ASR9001 LOS

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 03:23:18 EDT 2017

On 5 April 2017 at 06:40, Florian Lohoff <f at zz.de> wrote:

You haven't tried another line card, if you haven't got another line
card in this device can you move the link to another device in the
same rack?

Also software bug? Got any other devices with these transceivers on
this software version working OK?

You said you tried a difference transceiver but it was the same
make/model from the same manufacturer right? If it’s an
incompatibility issue (unlikely) then it would still be present.

> The line works for sometimes weeks without a flaw. Sometimes it fails
> twice a day. I am Monitoring rx/tx optical power levels doesnt show any
> fluctuation (got it in grafana at 1Min intervals). When the LOS happens
> the only thing you will observer is that the TX power goes to -40dBm

The cross-connect is the same, is someone shutting you fibre in the
door periodically? I not sure why you would get -40dBm on Tx unless
you have a transceiver failure or total internal reflection.

Cheers,
James.