[c-nsp] 10G SFP+ ASR9001 LOS

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Wed Apr 5 10:28:51 EDT 2017

On Wed, Apr 05, 2017 at 09:30:53AM +0200, Gert Doering wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Apr 05, 2017 at 08:23:18AM +0100, James Bensley wrote:
> > I not sure why you would get -40dBm on Tx unless
> > you have a transceiver failure or total internal reflection.
>
> "because the system has turned off the transceiver"
>
> which, I think, is the question here - "why would the ASR do that?"
>
> (and I have no answer)

I got a mail off list which pretty much explains it :) fpd version 1.17 seems
to affect tengig 0/0/2/2 and 0/0/2/3 (Which are the ports i moved the link between).
The IOS XR 5.3.1 contains 1.18 BUT - somebody updated this machine without
reading the multi-page-update-description which mentions "fpd auto-upgrade". So
nobody updated the fpd to match the current IOS XR - so - although 5.3.1 is
unaffected by the bug - this machine still is due to incomplete upgrade.

Fix for ASR9001 port flap issue
	CSCug60558

Description
	Symptom:
	ASR9001 seeing front panel ports 2 and 3 going down without any trigger.
	Ports remains down with Tx disable until they are shut/no shut.

	Affected:
	Ten 0/0/2/2
	Ten 0/0/2/3

	Unaffected: