[c-nsp] "snmpEngineTime" seems to wrap with "sysUpTime" in old IOS release

Chuck Church chuckchurch at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 12:52:44 EDT 2017

I'm not sure if the snmpenginetime wrapping would increment the
snmpEngineBoots, but it would make sense that it would.  If that is the
case, there are definitely bugs from a 8 or so years ago where devices
didn't update their snmpEngineBoots counter upon reload.  So you'd reboot
switch, snmpEngineBoots didn't increment on the device (I guess it's stored
in NVRAM), and the SNMP manager would stop talking to the device since
snmpenginetime was no longer what it was expecting, and the snmpengineboot
hadn't incremented.

Chuck