[c-nsp] Broadband Aggregation/Termination

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Wed Apr 19 14:50:06 EDT 2017

At the ISP where I work, we do DHCP on linux servers for ~40,000 bb
subscribers....spread across dsl, ftth and cable modem

Customer rate limiting occurs with bandwidth profiles in dslams, ftth olt's
and cable modem config files

Tracking usage ?  not sure what usage you are referring to

We do have to track customer counts to match sufficiently sized subnets/dhcp
pools.  It's an on-going task, but has recently been relaxed with rolling
out cgnat for all 7,000 dsl customers since now I can throw plenty of
10.x.x.x address space at each dsl vlan and forget about it

-Aaron