[c-nsp] STP and PVST..

Sander Steffann sander at steffann.nl
Thu Apr 20 10:33:30 EDT 2017

Hi,

> As I recall and I’m happy to be corrected but when you exceed the 253 VLAN limit with PVST the VLANs starting with the 254th added and on revert to RSTP.

I think you have to configure this, but that indeed seems to be what happens:

"RSTP configuration with VSTP was Introduced in Junos OS Release 10.2 RSTP configuration with VSTP—VSTP and RSTP can now be configured concurrently. When VSTP and RSTP are configured concurrently, the first 253 VLANs are configured with VSTP and the remaining VLANs are configured using RSTP."

https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB18291

Whether that actually means VLAN numbers 1-253 or the first 253 VLANs configured I don't know. I would guess the first.

Cheers,
Sander