[c-nsp] LibreNMS (was: Re: OT Solarwinds Alternatives)

Maximilian Wilhelm max at rfc2324.org
Thu Aug 3 05:50:06 EDT 2017

Anno domini 2017 Nick Griffin scripsit:

Hi,

> Sorry for the off-topic post. I'm looking for input on network management
> solutions other than solarwinds, unbiased opinions. We will need all things
> network related, monitoring, alerts, reporting, configuration management,
> and other tools that might be handy for a NOC. If this takes multiple tools
> then that is fine. Just looking for some ideas from the guys in the
> trenches. Thanks!

We're just in the process of migrating from Solarwind to LibreNMS for
network monitoring for a mainly Cisco-based environment (plus some
Linux-based boxes).

I was wondering if anyone here already is running LibreNMS in such an
environment and maybe we can gather some common configuration ideas
or even alerting templates and rules somewhere on github?

I'd be happy to set up a repository if there are folks willing to
share. As of now I don't have much but that will change in the
near future (I hope) :)

Best
Max
--
"Does is bother me, that people hurt others, because they are to weak to face the truth? Yeah. Sorry 'bout that."
 -- Thirteen, House M.D.