[c-nsp] ASR 1k vs 9k as a non-transit BGP router with full tables?

Erik Sundberg ESundberg at nitelusa.com
Fri Aug 4 15:11:06 EDT 2017

Side Note.

Cisco is coming out with a ASR9901 with in the next couple months, not sure on the release date. I have seen a couple of slides on it.

2U
16x Ports for 1G
24x Ports 1G/10G (Configured in blocks of 4 for 1G or 10G)
2x 100G Ports

2x Tomahawk NPU's
456G Backplane
IOS XR 64bit
Front to back cooling
1200w power usage

I sure it will handle some 4M or 10M ipv4 or ipv6.

Also the ASR9906 that come out this month is an option. Not sure it is is online yet either.

Check out the Cisco Live slides from Vegas that are online

Erik Sundberg
Sr. Network Engineering
Network Engineering Department
p: 773.661.5532
c: 708.710.7419
e: esundberg at nitelusa.com
Main: 888.450.2100
NOC 24/7: 866.892.0915
350 North Orleans Street, Suite 1300N Chicago, IL 60654
www.nitelusa.com

Managed Telecom Services
MPLS | Ethernet | Private Line | Internet | Voice | Security