[c-nsp] IPerf alternative

CiscoNSP List CiscoNSP_list at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 9 05:51:28 EDT 2017

Hi James - Yes I tested this also....it still will not go above 50%...at first I though it may be the carriers link, but I also tested the bidirectional/simultaneous test, and it produced similar results (Single direction test were fine.)  Single direction tests are fine.

I think its a problem with IPerf, potentiallly the server nics...Or maybe IPerf is "limited" to the bandwith of the link (1G, but can only send/receive a "total" (50% in both directions)

There are a few reports of issues with the bidirectional tests, but I cant locate any "fixes".....so Id prefer to spend time looking at a more robust (proven) testing tool.

Cheers