[c-nsp] lost belt, suspender to the rescue

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Aug 17 16:06:14 EDT 2017

Hi,

two of my ASR9001s have started logging the following message, every now
and then - like "3 times in 15 minutes, then nothing for 10 hours, then
again a few"...

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:Aug 17 10:15:01.175 : ipv4_rib[1126]: rib_ug_send_data: Lost belt, suspender to the rescue

since it started on two devices roughly at the same time (which happen to
both run the same 4.3.4 SP <something> version, and share the same EIGRP-
and BGP-Tables, but have different uptimes etc) I assume "it is something
interesting in BGP" - but cisco.com is totally silent on that error(?)
message, only twitter has a few mentions, but these are also just amused,
not factual.

So, being curious - anyone knowing more about it?

(It does not seem to be harmful - as the message says, belt & suspenders,
all good :-) )

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de