[c-nsp] RSPAN and IP phones

Nick Cutting ncutting at edgetg.com
Fri Aug 18 16:04:46 EDT 2017

It has been a while since I have done this - but I have battled this exact setup a few times.

I seem to remember that the local switch needs to have a physical span destination, i.e not the rspan vlan - needs to be a port, and only the remote switch needs the rspan destination.
The second monitor session picks up the RSPAN as the source and then the port as the destination, but on the first switch.

Traffic that is captured on the source and dumped into the rspan vlan, cannot be seen on the SAME switch for some reason was the limitation I think.

 I hope that made some kind of sense.