[c-nsp] RSPAN and IP phones

Steven Pfister SPfister at dps.k12.oh.us
Tue Aug 22 09:16:44 EDT 2017

Thank you... that's kind of what I was suspecting.
>>> Nick Cutting <ncutting at edgetg.com> 8/18/2017 5:02 PM >>>
So it is a combination of SPAN and RSPAN
because of the local RSPAN as a source on "same switch destination back
to diff session not see traffic issue"  I have seen this on 3560 / 3850
/ 6500.

SWITCH 1
monitor session 1 source interface Gi1/0/1 - 24
monitor session 1 destination Gi1/0/48
monitor session 2 source remote vlan 880
monitor session 2 destination interface Gi1/0/XX (can't use same port)

SWITCH 2

monitor session 1 source interface Gi1/0/1 - 6
monitor session 1 destination remote vlan 880

This will work - but you need two destination ports.
The only way I can think of to do it will one destination port and
RSPAN is use a third switch as the destination.