[c-nsp] Policy based routing on tag interfaces

Arne Larsen / Region Nordjylland arla at rn.dk
Thu Aug 24 11:16:32 EDT 2017

Hi all

Can someone give me a hint about how to do policy based routing on PE node in and MPLS network.
We have to change our internet access to a new service provider, and we would like to do it as smoothly as possible.
The problem is that our old firewalls are located in an mpls vpn and all ingress interfaces is tag switched.
Is there a way to do PBR on an incoming mpls interface.
Any suggestions would be appreciated
The setup is like the drawing

                                                          (P.node)                                        (P.node)
                                                                                           |                                                                                     |
                                                                                           |                                                                                     |
                                                                                           |                                                                                     |

                                                                                       (PE.node)                                      (PE.node)
                                                                                       vrf0| hsrp               vrf0 | hsrp
                                                                                            |                         Same Layer2     |
                                                                                       (Old.fw)                                        (New.fw)
                                                                                       (Old. at net)                                  (New. at net)

/Arne