[c-nsp] OSPF equal cost load balancing

CiscoNSP List CiscoNSP_list at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 30 20:35:51 EDT 2017

AAh - Thank you James!  So the ASR920 will not ECMP over 2 links, it requires 4...that would explain the difference between egress/ingress (and why the 920 is not working particularly well!)

Yes, this is ECMP, not LAG - So changing the load sharing algorithm can only be done globally (As I tried to do it under the individual interfaces, and was only presented with per dst as an option)

(config-if)#ip load-sharing ?
  per-destination  Deterministic distribution

So, changing globally will potentially cause a service disruption? (May need to do this in maintenance window) - Do you suggest "include-ports" as a possible candidate?

#ip cef load-sharing algorithm ?
  include-ports  Algorithm that includes layer 4 ports
  original       Original algorithm
  tunnel         Algorithm for use in tunnel only environments
  universal      Algorithm for use in most environments

And yes, we are running MPLS over these links (But not a LAG as mentioned) - So does your comment re MPLS hasting still apply to our setup, or only to a LAG?

Thanks again for your response - Extremely helpful!