[c-nsp] Cisco 3750G backplane throughput

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Fri Dec 15 13:47:05 EST 2017

As a side-note/response to the "don't laugh....inherited" comment...

Anyone who has been around long enough should know that there are things that we all come across in our careers that we ask "what in the world were they thinking?!" ... but, in order for you to appreciate/understand exactly what someone was thinking and why they used certain equipment and why is the network configured the way it is, would require that you hunt down perhaps several previous employees, vendor teams, contractors, and in some unfortunate cases, possibly resurrect someone from the dead to get the COMPLETE story as to why things are the way they are.

As time goes on, I hope I'm learning to not criticize to quickly, before I get a chance to know the whole story.... often you will never get the whole story and you just have to realize, what appears to be a significantly deficient node or design was, at one time, AWESOME.    :|

- Aaron