[c-nsp] ASR920 Opinions

Stephen Fulton sf at lists.esoteric.ca
Tue Dec 19 13:38:18 EST 2017

Hi Jason,

We're running several, primarily as PE's facing external networks, with
ISIS, LDP, BGP, VPNv4, IPv6 (not 6VPE) and EoMPLS.  So far, no major
issues, we're running 03.16.04.S or 03.16.05.S.  Core facing interfaces
are IP only, not trunks attached to BDI's.  My only concern up to this
point is the buffer size.  The PDF "Handling Microburst on Cisco ASR920"
outlines steps to mitigate it but the commands do not work on the
versions I'm running.  It hasn't been a problem yet, but we'll see.

-- Stephen